Suggestions for work-at-home jobs?

I see all these advertisements for jobs you can do at home, if only you have $$$ to buy the starter package or some nonsense. I really need a job that can work around my schedule. I have 6 kids and a military SO who works long hours. I have to be able to take them to the doctor or an activity. I can't afford daycare before and after school. A second income would be so great right now, but I don't trust these sites. Any suggestions other than Mary Kay or selling Pampered Chef junk?

bradymommy

Asked by bradymommy at 2:52 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• You are confused honey, or those people are confused. JOBS dont cost money, Starting a business DOES.

Find real JOBS at HOMECAREERSUCCESS.COM Never a fee. The truth is the FREEDOM you seek is not in a JOB, Freelancing, mystery shopping would be about your best bet, thats is self employment not JOBS.

If those arnt up your ally the " <>junk" <> that sets people FREE and gives them the freedom you seek I GUESS IS NOT AN OPTION FOR YOU?

Best of luck.

Emma
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 22 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 11:26 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• If you want a job and not a business, try looking for telecommuting jobs. I will warn you though it is very difficult to find work at home jobs because they are so rare.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You are welcome to take a look at my blog:  Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Thank you everyone. I appreciate all the tips. To IraqiVetWife, I simply don't have the room in my life to try to keep track of inventory. With six kids running around and a house under remodel, I can barely keep track of their stuff. With an ex husband that refuses to pay child support or for any of the care of the kids, I don't have money to invest in something that I don't know for sure will pay off, and my question is if anyone has had any real success in today's economy with any home-based business? I know there are certain "jobs" such as medical transcription, that you can do at home, but I can't afford certification. I just don't have the money to make money, lol. As far as freedom goes, I'm practically chained to my home with responsibility. I gave up freedom a long time ago. I simply need something to fall back on should something happen to my SO when he's deployed.
    bradymommy

Comment by bradymommy (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:43 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• I am a single mom of 3....was an USAF wife...i work from home without having to sell anything, stock any products or deliver anything either.
    I make thousands of dollars each month.
    Check out my website....www.behomenow.biz
    tafania

Answer by tafania at 5:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Look into Juice Plus
    www.welovejuiceplus.com
    Perfect full time, part time, or spare time business.
    I have been with the company for a year and a half, it changed my life.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 2:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i clean offices with my mom one day a week. (on the weekend) & get quite a bit of money for it!!! u can make your own flyers or business cards, pass them out at all the places u wouldnt mind doing work for & hope someone gives u a call. that would be grat for u. im a stay at home mom as well. i also just learned to sell on ebay. i like it alot. with all those kids, girl i know u have stuff laying around that u could do with out, but its still worth something to someone out there. if u browse around on ebay & familiarize yourself , u can see whats going for alot & just list those type of items. i only do a few things at a time because im new to it. but girl i just sold a jersey shore type duck phone on there & i got $186.50 for it!!! & they paid for it already. i was so happy. :) so those are 2 ways i make $ on the side.
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2011