40 weeks and 4 days

i went to the doc today and he said im 3 cm dilated and 60% effaced. Is there anyway of knowing how much longer until the time comes or any way to speed it up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i was that far along when my son was born ... umm try a long walk or sitting ona pregnancy ball or be careful but sex
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• WALK WALK WALK WALK!!
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• sex and then a long slow walk... and then sex again lol worked for me
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I have heard that sex does bring on contraction. Walking and I have also heard that Castor oil also brings on contractions, but I wouldn't try the later without talking to your doctor.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• If you're already 40 wks, more than likely you'll be induced next week if you dont go into labor. most doctors dont let you hit the 42 wk mark anymore. So be excited you've got around 1 week left!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• im scheduled to be induced on the 23. With thanksgiving being so close that was the soonest that i could get one schedueled. The doc said that he doesn't think that i will have to be induced though. Its been kinda crazy the past two weeks since my reg doc broke his arm he is unable to do the delivery and he has had to schedule with his partner to do his deliveries and both docs have a full load of women like me ready to pop at any moment. Thanks for the advice though it is really appreciated :)
    Anonymous

• Walk walk walk, sex sex sex. :) Those are probably your best options right now! Good luck...I had my baby at exactly 40 weeks 4 days so I can't imagine having to wait longer than that!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Nipple stimulation releases natural oxytocin which gets labor going sometimes. Try that. You have to really really stimulate them though. Pinch pretty hard. I know it sounds wierd, but it usually works. If it doesn't work, then your body just plain old ain't ready.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 6:57 AM on Nov. 13, 2008