Is there a difference between...

A baby daddy and the father of your child?

prissysayshi

Asked by prissysayshi at 3:58 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• IMO...yes. A father is who takes care of the child, a baby daddy is the sperm donor! They can certainly be the same person but they can also be seperate.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 4:00 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• The term Baby Daddy, to me, would be used for someone without an education, because the correct form would be Baby's Daddy. The father of my child indicates just that, the father of my child. It suggests he is involved in some way, because he is being referred to as a father.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:01 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I jokingly refer to my husband as my baby daddy. I do acknowledge that the term is often referred to someone who is essentially a sperm donor-- not very involved in the child's life, and their only purpose was to impregnant the mother. However, I have often heard men referred to as the "father of my child" who are completely useless human beings, too. I guess it all depends on your sensibility and whether you deem one more or less respectul or meaningful than the other.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 5:32 AM on Jan. 15, 2011