Tri-Care, or Medicaid??

OK so my fiance and I just found out that I am pregnant, and now we're trying to figure out the best way of getting insurance for my prenatal visits to come in the the next few weeks. now, we had originally planned on getting married in november, but now that we're pregnant, we don't know if we should go ahead and get married in the court to recieve the military benefits.

the other option is for me to get medicaid insurance, since I am currently unemployed and just recently moved from florida to okc.

I am completely unsure of what to do. HELP?!

also, we're going to look into getting me unemployment for the time that I am looking for a job.

Wowifey

Asked by Wowifey at 4:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well, the military benefits and Tricare are great! Don't get married just because you got pregnant but if you are planning on marrying anyway at some point why not now? Tricare paid for everything when I was pregnant (but only 1 u/s unless medically necessary which I didn't like), it was great to now have to pay the $15000 hospital bill!! I can't say about medicaid though, never had it!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 4:46 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Tricare is amazing! My husband and I rushed our wedding so that the baby and I could use it. They paid for everything! I wouldn't get married just for the insurance but it is good to have and if you're going to get married anyway, it wouldn't be a bad idea.
    ARast

Answer by ARast at 9:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2011