Do you have a farmer's market in your area? do you shop there?

There is a small one on Thursdays and I love getting fruit and veggies that I know was picked yesterday and so fresh.
I want to support the farmers and going to the farmers market is my way of doing that. I get veggies there I can't get at the grocery store, long beans and they are so tasty.

Librarylady60

Asked by Librarylady60 at 6:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yes, in the spring and summer. No I do not shop there. It is to expensive.

Answer by louise2 at 6:46 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We have one on saturdays. I like the vegetables there better.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 6:48 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• we have them all around us in the spring and summer. I love going to them and this year we are going to do a Community Supported Agriculture with a local farm. I think the fruit and veggies are great and I get to try things I might not thinking of buying in the grocery store.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• yes, and we love to go there faithfully every weekend!
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 7:23 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• confusedi do.. but i don't understand why they are so expensive???? they must grow their crops in "gold flake" soil !!

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:39 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We have one in the summer months on Thursdays. I love to shop there, everything is very fresh!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:24 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We have one in the summer on Saturday mornings, but last year it was just a couple of vendors so it wasn't great. We do have a place that is open most of the time (closes for winter) and they sell a lot of local produce and Amish made jams and jellies. We shop there because the quality is better even if it is out of the way and a little more expensive.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• In the spring and summer months we have 1 here on Saturday mornings then I think on Thursdays that's when towns open here. No I do not shop them as I grow everything I want
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:40 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• A couple of small ones throughout the city...different areas on different days. There is a big one on Saturdays from May-Oct then it moves inside for the winter. I don't buy at them because they are way to expensive.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We have quite a few in this area, but mostly people doing their own thing - not big organized multi-farm things. 1 I refuse to shop at due to prices, but the one I frequent is awesome - prices are comparable to the grocery store but the stuff is sooooo much better - not to mention it's all organic.
    Anonymous