So many of my family members continue to worry about me not dating. I informed them, I am very busy taking care of my child, and I do not have time to date. I don,t feel comfortable dating at this time, it has been 13 years since I seperated from my child's father. I am not comfortable with dating at this point in my life. Is this wrong of me? My family thinks I am.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• All that matters is you are fine and happy with it. If you have no desire to date then don't worry what other family members think.
    Beyondthesky37

Answer by Beyondthesky37 at 1:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• No way! Tell your family to mind their own business.
    mrschrono

Answer by mrschrono at 1:43 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• If you are happy, that's all that matters!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• As long as you are happy, however you should take some time for yourself! take a breather... go on a date or two. just because you go on a date doesn't mean you have to put out at the end (unless he takes you somewhere fancy and you get the most expensive thing on the menu... then it's pretty much known you'll put out).... good luck!
    Anonymous

• Sweetie take your time, you will know when your ready and the right man will come alone. Your family is just worried about you but don't let know one push you into something your not ready for. Your doing good 13years since you dating, girl I know God is real!! lol lol
    jesspraise35

Answer by jesspraise35 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I would take a step back, and try to see what your family is saying and seeing. Sometimes our own hang ups, worries, or unwillingness gets in the way of us seeing the big picture. It may do your child good to have a male role model in their life, or to see mommy happy? Who knows, but sometimes momma does know best. If you still feel that your not ready after that, then you know what is best for you.
    sweetpea04

Answer by sweetpea04 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I think that if you are REALLY not ready then only you can make that choice. Maybe talking to a therapist or a councelor about fears or any other emotions that are inhibiting you is a good idea. Now that I am a new mom I think about what I want my child to see me as...what identity do I want him to see me as? I want him to see me a strong woman not fearful or neglecting my self or my own needs. No one can care for you like you can, and the same goes for the children that we raise...they will also need to learn how to satisfy themselves without others...and the only way they learn that is from us living that way! Good luck with finding a balance..I beleive that you will find the answers within yourself..forget about what your family thinks...now is a time to focus on you and what is best for you! Remember that you are not just a mom you are a woman as well as many other titles...
    LINDO23

Answer by LINDO23 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• wow 13 yrs?? That's a long time but you don't need to worry about what they are saying as long as you feel good about yourself the way your life is right now it's only your business.
    Good luck
    texasmom91

Answer by texasmom91 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2008