EGD

EGD
go in tomorrow for a EGD and I read that I will be told to swallow the scope, well my question is, I had a hard time swallowing small stuff and somethings get stuck in my throat even small pills. So will they be able to get this scope in without puncturing something?? Or will they get it in at all?? I forgot to tell them this so I have to tell them this tomorrow..

Next question is I will have a Colonoscopy the same day, do they usually do this at the same time as the EGD or one at a time... Thanks

Gamerchick

Asked by Gamerchick at 10:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Health

• They are going to put you in a twilight sleep. You should be unaware of anything that is going on. Sometimes you may have bits and pieces of memory afterwards but it should be minimal.

The docs can get the scope down a throat that is partially closed off. They will get down there.

They do both tests separately but while you are on the same bed. They do use different scopes for the different tests. You are not going to have one scope going up and one scope going down at the same time.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 11:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Like the above poster said, you will be consciously sedated. Probably given versed. You will be awake but so out of it you won't remember anything.
    Anonymous

• Thank you both
    Gamerchick

Answer by Gamerchick at 7:23 AM on Nov. 13, 2008