100 day of school poster

My daughter is in first grade and she has to create a poster for the 10oth day of school.It has to have 100 items on it but they have to be grouped in 10's and it needs to be some sort of theme.I thought 10 different kinds of candy but she isnt too sure.she kinda wants to do a beach theme.I was looking to see if we can get anymore great ideas.Thankyou.

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 8:07 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in

• I remember doing that. My dd didnt need a theme tho. hmm, well you can do a breakfast theme. might be the easiest. 10 different types of cereal? a bean theme? gem theme?
    themes are tough for that type of project. gl!
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 8:09 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Can they be drawings or is this all 3D?
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I dont think it matters i think it can be drawn and 3d.
    proudmom34

Comment by proudmom34 (original poster) at 8:13 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• If she does a beach theme she could do 10ppl on the beach with 10 chairs and 10 umbrellas. Then she could put 10 seagulls flying, 10 dolphins swimming, 10 seashells by the water and 10 cotton ball clouds in the sky. She can have 10 surfers surfing with 10 surfboards. And 10 starfish on the rocks by the water. Is that kinda of what you need to do? Ive never done this before! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Animals, foods, trees, flowers. A beach theme can be trees, umbrella chairs, people on the beach, beach animals, towels, sand castles.  Well I'm sure you get the idea.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• When my daughter had to do this, their 100th day fell around valentines day so she used those little candy hearts for her poster.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• beads, candy hearts do sound like a good idea anon, animals. If it doesn't have to be 3-D then cut out pictures in magazines instead of drawing.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 8:51 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• You can get themed fun foam stickers in the craft department at walmart, and I think they have beachy ones. She could also get a few cheap bag of sea shells and sort those into the groups she needed and for the background of her poster, you could use sand paper so they could look like shells on the beach.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:19 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• mu dd did the same thing! but they just had to do a 100 of something. so 1 used a poster bord and w/ fruit loops ( 100 of them ) she made a 100 bill, my sd used a posterbord and just made in block letters 100 and used colord cotton balls to out line the 100. w/ of corse 100 cotton balls. my other sd used pipe cleaners and made a picture of the school ( they were all in the same school and same grade..lol fun for me i had them all that week so there mom could go on a "work" thing in the bahamas...but all the girls got a great grade :)
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We didn't have to do a poster--just bring in 100 of something.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 3:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2011