what do u think about stem cell research?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 8:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Health

• I think it's very valuable; understanding those cells could be the key for finding cures to Cancer, Alzheimer's, etc.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I fully support stem cell research.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I am very hopeful that it will unlock & cure so many things including helping my son get his vision restored in his legally blind eye, thanks tot he mistakes made of his former eye Dr. The day he can see clearly again will be the best day in our lives!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:30 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i support it only if they don't create embryos in a petre dish just to use the stem cells, there are other ways of obtaining the cells without killing an embryo
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I think it was oversold to the point of people lying about what it can and can't do to get it approved. If you go through and read the actual research claims made in white papers, they are far less amazing than the claims made by lobby groups and talking heads on tv. What bothers me most is that somewhere along the way they added Alzheimer's to the list of miracle cures, when researchers have gone on record to plainly state that the natures of Alzheimer's is something that could never be helped by them. It's irresponsible - instead of focusing money on research that actually COULD fix it, it's being diverted to people supporting "stem cells" which will never help. A real cure could be delayed decades because of people playing politics with it.

I support the use in its very limited capability. I despise the snake oil it's become, used to convince people they can cure anything if only they write a check.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:47 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I support it, and hope that the research will help a lot people.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I support Stem Cell Research 100%.

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• My best friends' Dad has Parkinson's and spent several months in Shanghai for stem cell treatment. I support it but for him, it didn't help at all... : (
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I support it. It can do a good deal of good.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I do not support it.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2011