No movement X2 days

Ok all. I have not felt much, if any movements from this kid for about 2 days. I am 18 weeks pregnant. I have an appointment on Monday. Hubby thinks I should go to the ER. This would be my second trip to the ER this week! I slipped and fell on ice recently.

What do you think? Should I wait until Monday, or should I go to the ER?

I have tried all the things to get the baby moving, eating a snack, laying calmly on my back for 2 hours. All I am feeling are cramps.

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 8:51 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Perhaps try drinking some water and laying down on your side for a while. Most of the time, that is what would get my babies to start moving around. If it's been 48 hours and you're used to feeling some movement on a daily basis, I would call my caregiver just to see what s/he thinks. At the ER visit, did they check for a fetal heartbeat?
    Branwen70

Answer by Branwen70 at 9:19 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Your placenta could be positioned in a way that makes it hard to feel movements. Whenever I wanted to feel my dau move, I placed headphones on my belly & played classical music. (like Mozart) That usually worked. Good luck
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I didn't feel movement with either pregnancy until I was around 20 wks. It's still early for you to being feeling alot of movement.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:52 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I should also say that I have been feeling movement since 14 weeks, and this baby used to do tap dances on the left side of my uterus.
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 8:53 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• its normal not to feel movement all the time at that stage but if you keep feeling cramps and you also slipped i would at the very least call the nurse and see what she says.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yeah I would call just incase. The baby might just be in a position that you're not feeling anything, but better safe than sorry.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yes, the HB was 174, and they also did an Ultrasound. The baby was in a breech position, so I am wondering if that has something to do with not feeling movement? But usually I feel something every day.
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 9:22 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• the baby just may be taking a break..if they saw a fetal heart beat in the er then im sure the baby is fine ...i would also call ur dr just to see their opinion.. i used to tshake my belly to make the baby move when he wouldnt move for a while
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• yes go to the er
    1sttimemom853

Answer by 1sttimemom853 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Try drinking som orange juice. Also, do a kick count, I believe it is 10 movements in an hour. ( don't quote me on that, it's been 18 months since I was last pregnant) then call your doctor.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2011