How pissed would you be???

If you just found out you won Millions. Then you found out you will have to give half to your SOON to be EX DH. Your still married but seperated.

I would have went and filed for divorce quickly. Then if I had to, I would just give him his half. Just to get rid of him.

Asked by louise2 at 9:13 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• ya that would ruin my day completely. Technically you are still married, but still..erg
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Eh, if it was millions, who cares. I'd still have enough for me. And If you bought the ticket while still married, he could claim the money even if you finalized it before you claimed the money.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:18 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i think that would fall under the Murphy's Law
    yes, like Zoeyis said
    it would ruin my day-lol
    not much you could do
    married is married
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Half is still so much more than I had or need or can use.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:19 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I'd be pissed actually seeings how we were already getting divorced. I don't think that legally that we could hold it away from them seeing how divorice takes so long.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I'd be pretty pissed...but if we were about to get divorced I would rest in the knowledge that if i gave him a few million he'd probably f*ck off and spend it and leave me alone :)
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 9:58 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• If it were the other way around and your soon-to-be ex husband won the millions, I'm sure you'd want your half...so why be so vindictive?! :o)

Just think, if you won millions, you wouldn't ever have to deal with him again--child support, alimony, etc!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:12 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would not be pissed.. I would laugh my ass off.. I do not live in a community property state (I dare say the majority of women on CM do not live in one since less than 10 states are)..

Since I do not live in a community property state, and I would have won the money after a legal separation.. He would be entitled to nothing. He could try and get some of that money, but it would be a legal fight to do so.

Yeah for not living in a community property state. Lot's of women love community property states, just in case they divorce they get 1/2 however, that also means if you are the one with the assets you have to give up half.. No thanks.. LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• With that kind of money I would definitely change my identity and move to a foreign country.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Your too funny. Lol.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 9:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2011