PCOS question...

I found out I have PCOS ( which explains alot ) .... even though I am healthy, I eat heathy and I am very active, I continue to gain weight, I also have a TON of hair that I have to shave twice a day just so it wont be noticable.

I finally went to a Doctor to see what i can do about it ... he was pretty rude acting, even sighing when I asked him questions.... He told me that almost every woman has this problem and as soon as I lose a little weight and the hair will stop growing.....

but I use to weigh 140 a couple years ago ( and I am 5'8 so that is a low weight) ... and i still had hair growth and the other problems I am having...

SOO, my question is, is that true? Is weight the only cause of the other problems, I thought for sure it was a hormone problem and I needed other help. Not to mention I am not sure how to lose the weight since I have been trying with no success ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Health

• I would get a second opinion. I am so tired of Drs acting like people are wasting their time. He did nothing to actually address your problem and didn't offer you a solution you aren't already trying so I'd find someone who actually listened to me.
    MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i would get another doc. someone with a little better bedside manner and one that will answer you questions without belittleing you. no the hair its not from being over wieght. yes it is a hormone problem and yes there are some treatments out there to help. get a better doc.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• sorry i cant stand doctors like that and the few times that i have had a doc like that i promptly changed docs and reported them to the medical board and my insurants
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:07 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• No it's not the weight. I have PCOS and have dark thick hair that grows where it doesn't belong. And I've had it when I was thin, and when I gained the weight. I would speak to someone over the doctors head and file a complaint about his conduct. That is so rude and condesending seeing as YOU are paying him rediculous amounts of money to stand there and roll his eyes at you. PCOS is hell for me. It's painful, debilitating and never ending. I want a doctor who is patient with me.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I agree with the others here: seek another opinion & whatever you do DON'T GO BACK TO THAT MADMAN!

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• see an endocrinologist and have your hormone levels checked
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 15, 2011