is there any low carb pastas ?

I am going on a low carb diet.... pasta is the thing I crave the most... and I think if I could find a low carb kind, so I can have some every once in awhile... then I would be ok...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Health

• You can try spaghetti squash, it's kind of like pasta except it's really a vegetable. Other than that eat, whole grain pasta. It still has carbs but the fiber in it is much better for you than white pasta. Also, for low carb diet if you have to eat pasta try to eat it during the day rather than at night when you can't burn it off :)
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• There is a rice pasta available but very expensive and I don't really like the taste or texture of it.
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 10:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Try whole wheat
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• No, not really. But if you're also trying to avoid gluten, there are rice pastas that are really good but they still have carbs. Have you ever tried quinoa? Lots of protein in that so it'll offset some of the carbs. Best thing to do is to limit yourself to small portions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would suggest spaghetti squash, it is excellent-you can add tomato sauce, mozza cheese, peppers and other veggies of your choice. It is low carb and very low in calories. Try it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2011