Smart? Or just being a lazy parent...

A. Putting your toddler in Overnight diapers so you don't have to change him as much during the day.

B. Teaching your 5 month old to hold her own bottle so you don't have to sit there and feed her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Babies need physical affection and attention. Two 'built in' easy ways to meet their need for contact is changing and feeding.

Have you noticed, the same kinds of people who spend 2/3 of their energy as parents making it so that whatever and whenever their children have needs someone else (or no one) deals with it are the same folks who have weird House Rules about the family eating together EVERY night.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:15 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• A- lazy
    B- smart. especially if you have more than one kid. what if it's feeding time, and your toddler falls and blood is pooring out of his nose? if your baby doesn't know how to hold a bottle, you'll have a screaming crying bloody toddler and a screaming crying hungry baby.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Teaching a baby to hold a bottle is NOT bottle propping. Bottle propping is propping the bottle so it sit's in the babies face when they can't hold it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• The first one is lazy. The second is not.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Both are lazy, IMO. I'm not one to judge others, but I would never, have never, done either of those things.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:32 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Well regardless of what kind of diapers are used they are still sitting in pee.  That irks me.  I wouldn't call someone else lazy for it it but I wouldn't do that myself.  I say, however you get thru the day without pulling out your hair.  I don't think I would feel lazy for teaching my babies how to hold their own bottle. I was excited when mine did it.  Almost like taking their first step, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Oh you mean putting your child in overnight diapers during the day? I still don't get it. The pull-ups are actually less absorbent than a regular diaper so that wouldn't work anyway.

Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:42 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I don't see the point in the 1st one as far as the 2nd one goes I think that's fine babies should be learning to hold their bottles starting at about that age. I don't call the 2nd one lazy at all
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• 1. lazy and gross
    2. eh, who cares as long as you are watching them
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• That's called "propping" the bottle and from what I found out a long time ago, it's a big no no.  Every mom I know warned me about propping bottles before I even had kids. I'm not quite that harsh, I think if the baby is being monitored then whatever, not my business.  I would feel lazy definitely.  With much worse things going on out there, I'd say propping a bottle is low on my list of horrible things.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2011