Tell me what YOU think.

I like the name Loren for a boy. My friends keep telling me Loren is too much of a girl's name now to use for a boy. I maintain that Lauren was a popular girl's name in the 80's but there aren't many girl Lauren babies and toddlers today, so it'd be okay to use Loren for a boy. What do you think?

fancyjane

Asked by fancyjane at 10:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Baby Names

• I do think it sound like a girl's name. My nephew had a boy that lived down the street from him when he was a preschooler named Kelly. My nephew always said you know my friend Kelly, the boy. As long as you accept that other may 'qualify' the name, go for it.

nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 11:26 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I'm sorry but your friends make a good point. The last thing you want to do is cause your son to be teased because he has a girly name. What other names do you like?
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I think that if you like the name, go for it!  My sister hates the name I've picked out for my 4th baby but oh well, my baby, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• When I hear Loren...I think girl.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:40 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• it's too girly for me
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i agree with the others i hear girl also
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• He'll be yours not anyone else's if you want to name him dog then no one can really do much about it. They can express their opinions but that's about it! I hope you do what makes you happy with his name!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i would think i was meeting a girl, same thing with gale, pat, kelsey, etc i always think it's a girl's name
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• what about another boy name that sounds close
    here is link to boy names with L

http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/boys-names-1-l.html#continue
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:58 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Go for it. It is a male name. It isn't like you just picked a girl name and decided that it would "super cute." If I have another boy, I have every intention of naming him Morgan, and all the people that say it is "girly" can just shove it LOL.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 11:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2011