Stepdaughter

I have 25year old Stepdaughter witch claims her Dad and causes trouble in my marriage to the point that he lies to me, just flew to see her and told me 3 days before. Stepdaughter booked flight, like they say the wife is the last one to know.

Munich305

Asked by Munich305 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• what is the question here?
    batek177

Answer by batek177 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• agreed with batek .. i was confused
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I dont get the question and dont get the reference to the wife is the last to know? Shes not the other woman, shes hes daughter. I think hes allowed to see her.

Answer by gemgem at 10:50 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I am not the other woman in my husbands life his 29 yr old daughter would try something like that if given the chance but he doesn't let her. I think it's your husband who needs to put his foot down and let her know that YOU come 1st. She's a grown adult now and shouldn't be playing the me card. Until he puts a stop to it I don't know how you are going to deal with all of this. Good Luck!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Your the step mom and she is his child she is not the other woman like pp said he has a right to see her and you knew when you married him he had children why complain now?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It is not the stepdaughter. It is your relationship with your husband. He is her father. He has to decide where you are and how to handle the relationship with each and promote harmony in the entire family.
    He obviously did not feel like he wanted to include you. That is his decision. It is your decision about how you are going to handle the relationship with your husband and your stepdaugher. Frankly, I do not think being an adversary is going to get you what you want.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It doesnt work that way in my family. I have adult kids and my husband knew coming into it they came first and ALWAYS would. They were here before him. I love him. But they are my kids and always will be. They dont always get along but he knows not to ask me to choose because he would lose.

Answer by gemgem at 10:57 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It sounds like you are referring the step daughter as the other woman. You should not see her that way. No matter how old my children are, they are my children and come first. Even though this girl is grown, she's still his daughter and I have to wonder why he didn't feel comforatable telling you he was going to see her before he left.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:02 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i had a step mom once and she acted just like you are ....... always refering to me as THE STEP daughter. why not call her your daughter plain and simple? do u not want to claim her as ur own ?
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2011