Should I go back to my maiden name?

Is it weird to keep your ex's name? We are not divorced yet but soon. I hate my maiden name and my son has his name.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• My maiden name is Italian and 10 letters long and I hate it!!!! My married last name is very short and very common and if we ever divorce I am KEEPING it!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• you dont have to, i know a lot of people who kept their ex's name because of the kids
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It's a personal preference, but if your son has the same name as you and your ex, then I would keep it.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:58 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• when my mom divorced my dad she kept the name to keep the same last name as us but the decision is up to u and what makes sense in your life
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• yeah you dont have to go back to your maiden name unless you want to
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• No, it's not weird. It is YOUR name, too..you just got it because of marriage. You can keep it or change it - whatever you choose, it's notbweird. God forbid my Husband and I ever divorced, I would keep what is MY name (not just His) because 1: I hate my maiden name, lol, and 2: it's too much of a hassle! haha. Good luck. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:10 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• You can keep it.
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I kept my married name. It was too much hassle to change all that crap and it is the same as my DD's.

the last name doesn't have a thing to do with my personal identity so I didn't care what it was.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• its a personal thing that you can choose to do ....for me i never took my ex's last name because i felt i was a person before we meet and i didnt think i should give that up....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:18 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Ooh, yeah..I wouldn't want my last name to be different from my Son's! That's another reason I wouldn't, and the biggest!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:55 AM on Jan. 15, 2011