What was your favorite thing to do in the summer as a child?

My aunt was a teacher so when school was out for the summer My cousins and I would stay with her while our parents worked. She would make us pband j sandwiches with kool-aid. She would take us up to my grandmother swimming pool and let us swim and play with our matchbox cars under this large oak tree. For snacks she would have us chips and cookies. It was wonderful. Oh to be a child in the summer time again.

1911

Asked by 1911 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Hang out with my cousins. We'd go swimming and make rafts, make forts, go for picnics, play games like Kick the Can & World,
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 11:39 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I had a great childhood so I dont know if I can pick any one thing. I loved swimming all day (every day thing). I loved going to the beach (A week every summer and weekends). I loved going to Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm (we did this a couple times a summer). When I got older and was a teenager I loved spending it with my friends and long term bf just hanging around by the pool doing teenage stuff.

Answer by gemgem at 11:33 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Mine was going out to the lake and camping. We would water ski, knee board, tube ride, and fish on the boat. And ride 4-wheelers.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Play outside, all day every day I have no idea how we managed to fill up the time, but I was never bored. What I wouldn't give to have that energy again!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Sleep and go to my grandparents!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Oh yes four wheeler riding and camping those were great things to do
    1911

Comment by 1911 (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We showed horses. We started in the spring, but the summer show season was so much fun.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We lived near a large wildlife reserve/park. I loved going on nature hikes there, and collecting eucalyptus caps that my cousins and I would string into necklaces.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We had a summer house on a lake in Northern Minnesota. It was heaven.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 5:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2011