Why is it?

Why is it that Christians think that those who don't believe the way they do are wrong? What makes Christians right? Or any other religion for that matter.

SLCMOMMY

Asked by SLCMOMMY at 11:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think it is just Christians. I think it is any religion. If you are a very religious person, wouldn't you naturally believe that your religion is the only and correct one? You wouldn't say well their religion may be correct. Then you are just questioning your own.
    Anonymous

• Read the bible...That is where you will find your answers. We are not to judge.
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Good question.... religion is hard to talk about for me.... i dont think its ness. about being right more then trying to save people from hell ( christians) i strongly believe in heaven and hell and do want to go to hell... nor have anyone else..even if hate them...(some of these moms :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• What makes you right? What makes anyone that's not a Christian right? I am a Christian and I get it just as much as you probably do from people that are non-believers. Everyone thinks they're right....if they didn't they'd be out seeking their truth...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I am so glad that everyone is just answering, and not getting into a heated debate. Its sometimes difficult to see the other side's point of view.
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 11:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• For me, as a nonbeliever...I am always getting told to go to church, read the bible, pray, open my heart to Jesus. But I NEVER go around and say the opposite stuff to those of any religion. I just don't understand why MOST (and I'm pretty sure it is)Christians feel the need to "enlighten" the rest of the world.
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 11:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• well Christians feel as tho it is our job to put the word out there!! people need to know if you are not saved you will go to hell when you die!

if it's not your thing..thats cool.... but just try to pray on it and read the bible... see what happens... people say God will speak to you.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• That's why it's called religion

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 11:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• i dont understand what u mean by that star419
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Juliansmommy...your last 3 sentences validate my point. I'm not asking for religious direction. I have my own beliefs. I understand your convictions. I understand that as Christians you are taught to witness to those in need, to help the helpless...but, I am not one of those. I have heard it a thousand times before.

Let me ask you a question. Would you be offended if I were a satan worshipper telling you to read the satanic bible, quoting Satanic quotes?
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 11:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2008