My "pending" transactions cleared on my checking account (I used my debit card) but the total was not taken from my account...will it be taken out later or something?

I had two "pending" transactions from when I used my card online...they were pending for a week each and both cleared but my balance remained the same, nothing was ever taken from my balance. So it's like they cleared but I still wasn't charged.

Is it possible that they cleared but the money won't be taken from my account until later or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would call your bank and find out what is happening. I have noticed over the weekend sometimes that used to happen. It is best to keep a register to know your true balance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Balance your check book. Then you will know for sure. It's pending, it hasn't posted to your account. So don't spend it or you will be overdrawn when it clears.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would call the bank but act like the money is NOT in the account.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 12:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Pending in your case means it has not been taken out of your account. It will probably be taken out on later. Since we don’t know how they process their checks on a timely matter, you just have to keep on checking to see if it's cleared. So, in the mean time just give it a few business days to see if it taken out of your account. If not then pay them a visit or give them a call for an explanation.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• If it's still pending it hasn't gone out of your account now.

If it no longer says pending, then it's gone through. If the balance hasn't changed it's possible that when it was pending that was when the balance changed. I know at our bank it will show the available balance and the pending balance.

The other posters are right though, you really should balance your check book. It can save you so much time and stress. Plus all those fees that come from overdrawing your checking account.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:19 AM on Jan. 16, 2011