is there ANYONE out there that doesnt get their children vacinated or get their shots? My husband is completely againt it..and im torn in between. He said they still have mercury and they cause all sorts of problems such as attisum, seziers infertility and alot of other things. She has gotten her shots up until now but the doctors have been giving me a hard time for spreading them out. ANY opinions or suggestions?

DelilahsMommy09

Asked by DelilahsMommy09 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Do what is right for your child!!! No offense but F the doctors!! My son has had his first two sets of shots and that is it. He is three and strong and healthy. I am taking him in to begin the shot cycles again.
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:42 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• My son had all his (not chicken pox though - that one was developed to help businesses out by not having to pay moms for staying home with their sick kids and absolutely nothing to do with "protecting" children) only because I did not know better at the time. My daughter has had most of hers but spaced out (though she did not get the pox vaccine nor will she get the gardasil vaccine) but I was just learning more at the time. My kids are fine - have suffered no ill effects BUT if I could go back in time, I would not vaccinate at all. There are proven, safe, natural ways to prevent illness and boost the immune system; I truly believe natural immunity is best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• And I'm not saying that vaccines will never cause any injury. Anybody can have a reaction to anything. Research them and you will be able to make the best decision for your child.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• My kids were all on schdule with their shots, untill my youngest stopped talking at 16 months. He is now 5, and is non verbal autistic. I wish to God that I knew then what I know now. No one would ever have given any of my children any shots, ever.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 11:46 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• The man who got the whole linkage of autism etc. and vaccines, did it for money, and has been *proven* a total fraud.

The benefits of the vaccines outweigh the "supposed" risks of the vaccine, by far!

Here is a link, it's pretty short but will help you understand. Steve Novella is a neuroscientist/neurologist. He know's far more about vaccines, brians etc... than many anti-vaccers would dream to know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYdmGM4FIeM&feature=related ( ANOTHER great link to explain very easy to understand.)

Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 11:57 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• My girls get the shots needed for school but not for the flu. they will probley get it anyway.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Skepticchick, I wish I could vote you up twice!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 5:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• They don't get autism from vacinations, that was a theory and they have disproven it. Get you child vacinated, they need it to make sure the don't get really sick. If your child ever does get one of those diseases and you didn't vacinate, you are gonna feel like crap for it.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• research, research, research.
    we delay/selectivly vax. If you ped is giving you more grief than you like, find a new one. Make sure whatever decision you make, you make together and you can both live with the worst case senario results.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2011