Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

nanny cam used to tape abusive husband/father??

my friend has husband who is verbally abusive
she is scared to leave him- he may get time alone with their child
(God! i feel for her)
can she use a nanny cam in her home to prove to court and/or child services that the father is not a father who should be left alone with any child

she feels like she has to stay so she can protect her child, if she leaves he will get some custody and child will not have her to protect her. she has gotten to point of dreaming of leaving and hiding.

any helpful hints i can pass to her?
prayers are welcome if you have no help woth custody/proof of abuse
I am her shoulder but really would like to give any advise to help her


Asked by fiatpax at 11:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 46 (221,600 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (15)
  • Yes she can use it to prove it.

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • I don't have any advice..just lots of hugs for you both and my prayers! Oh, and a bump. Good luck to her..that's a tough situation. =[

    Answer by -AJ at 11:58 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • hugsI am so sorry tell her to get proof so she can have full custody of there child and she can make sure her child doesn't get anymore abuse.Good luck to her hun!


    Answer by jdbrown21 at 12:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • Yes you can. If they can tap phones to bring down the mob, you can do it in YOUR home. I actually saw a case where a man was succesfully prosecuted for abusing his wife on video. He had no clue he was being taped.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • yes they use it for Nannys why not an abusive husband too.

    Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 12:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • She needs to see what the laws for taping someone is in her state. Some states only need 1 of the parties to know that they are being taped (which would be fine in this case). She also needs to contact a domestic abuse shelter, document everything and if he ever gets physical, she needs to call the cops so there is a report on file. Be very careful when taping because if he finds out the abuse WILL escalate and can turn physical. Also, if the tape is being done outside the law, it will be inadmissable. Whatever she does DO NOT PUT IT ON YOUTUBE or FACEBOOK.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • She needs to find out the laws in her state that deal with secretly taping someone. But in the mean time - A secret journal and photographs. DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT!

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • Can you call your local women's services shelter for her? They often have resources & information for women trying to leave an abusive situation, including legal advice.

    Answer by sweetpotato418 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • Yes!

    Answer by leksismommy at 11:59 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • Yes!! U can use a nanny cam!

    Answer by dancer at 12:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2011