Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

would it kill you to wait till the baby was born to find out?!

Since Dec 23, 2010, we have been told that our baby to be Mackenzie has a really good chance of having Agenesis of the Corpus Callosus... a.k.a. ACC..(structure of nerves that connect two hempishperes of the brain together). Well we did the Amnio and everything came back normal for the chomosones and such. two XX's for it being a girl and so on. well Little miss Mackanzie decided to go breech and the nurse nor the Dr. could get a good view of her head to see if the nerves connecting both sides of her brain had formed yet or not. UGHH.. LOL.... well even tho the test came back "normal", they couldnt see a change in her head, so the Dr. is set on her still having this condition and unfortunately with my being on Medicade, they won't cover a fetal MRI, but dr. says a MRI after she is born is more accurate and would prefer that anyways. He also suggested I continue seeing him at the hospital and stop seeing my dr. So from now on I am considered a High Risk Pregnancy. and wil be delievering her at Winnie Palmer Women & Infant's Hospital.
She also has a bowel that is "white" which means to bright, it looks like it would be a bone since on U/S it is white with all bones. So they have rules out Cyctic Fybrosis (I dont have it :)....) So On top of her Brain, she has that issue. Said the placenta could have leaked, and she ingested blood and what not. My info all at home I cant remember exactly. but long story short....
Would You be able to wait till she was born? I mean this is the best hospital for infants in the state of Fla. They will take excellent care of her/us. would u not insist on further testing for the safety of the baby? there really isnt much they can do till she is actually here.

Answer Question

Asked by mommyoftristan at 11:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

Level 16 (2,903 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • I would probably be very worried and anxious, but I would most likely wait until she was born.

    Answer by Dalimonster at 12:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • It would comfort me to know that I am at the best hospital for women and infants!!!

    Answer by dancer at 12:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • When I was pregnant with my son they saw something wrong with his heart. They did a few tests, ecocardiagram in utero etc. They could have done more but they said it would be better to check right at birth to make sure he didn't need open heart surgery. I figured either way what was going to happen would be. No point in more stressful testing that could still be deemed inconclusive and cost me money I didn't have. After he was born they did and ecocardiagram and everything was fine.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

  • If you're comfortable with the care that you're getting at the hospital and you trust the doctors that are working with you, I'd say wait. Nothing at this stage of the game is going to be 100%. Keep positive thoughts and pray on it. I would have been afraid to do the amnio just because other mom's have freaked me out about that. I wish you and your little one the best. Just be prepared for incase she does end up having some type of problem and check your local resources so you can have something in motion for when she enters the world.

    Answer by summermommie2b at 1:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.