What does a miscarriage feel like when it's not an early one?

I really hope I'm not miscarrying, but here is what is happening. I am about 15 weeks pregnant. I have been feeling lots of movement from the baby right along, but lately I have been under tremendous stress due to fighting with my inlaws and wedding planning issues. My SIL has been out of control and physically threatening and harassing my fiance and me and the other day when it was at it's worst I started having severe back pains that felt just like contractions. I was at my mother's and my mom called my fiance to come and get me to take me to the hospital. By the time he got there, they had stopped and I felt fine so I just assumed it was Braxton Hickes (don't know if I spelled that right, sorry) or maybe I pulled a muscle. It seriously felt exactly like when i went into labor with my son though and def freaked me out. Since then, I haven't felt my baby move at all. This was about 4 days ago and normally this baby moves a few times a day at least. My whole body has been aching the past few days and I feel so run down I don't want to do anything. I haven't had those contraction feeling pains or anything, but the crampy achy feeling combined with not feeling my baby move anymore is really starting to freak me out. I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday to check up on the baby, so I guess I am just going to have to rough it out until them, but I am freaking and was wondering if anyone could tell me what a miscarriage is like and if this sounds like one or not. If I feel my baby move I will let you know! I am praying everything is ok and I'm just freaking out for nothing, but something just doesn't feel right and I'm very intuitive.

brandys85

Asked by brandys85 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sorry I can't tell you what one is like although if you are really concerned and you aren't feeling the baby move you could go to the hospital instead of waiting until Tuesday!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i had a miscarriage at 4 months. i started puking really badly, i'd not had morning sickness at all. i coughed and it felt like i peed myself, but i looked and it wasn't pee, it was lots of clotty blood. i went to the hospital, they did a US and said the fetus was not alive. i had a d&c the next day. they said they wouldn't even let me wait til the weekend to get it because they didn't want it to get infected. all i felt was the bleeding, like a period
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Thank you so much for the advice and comment. I actually felt the baby move about an hour ago so everything seems ok again. I am sooooo crampy though and that I am not ok with, but I have my appointment on Tuesday so I will discuss that with my doctor then. Thanks again!
    brandys85

Comment by brandys85 (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• go wit ur instinct it dont feel rite somthing mite b wrong. call ur doctor and tell him or her. hope things ok
    1sttimemom853

Answer by 1sttimemom853 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2011