4 weeks left and now my doc acts like this?

I went for my check up yesterday and my Doctor made me really uncomfortable...She has always been very...efficiant, you know not nurturing o caring or understanding but very quick and to the point...for my second pregnancy that hasn't bothered me because I haven't had a whole lot of questions and things have been progressing just fine...but yesterday I had picked my pediatrition and when I told her who it was she said 'oh she is fantastic doctor, that is who sees my kids but she can be hard to get into because she has alot of patients...have your other children seen her?' I said 'no' and she was like 'ooo, well I dont think she is taking on new patients right now how about you just go with dr. brown' and she wrote brown on my paper work with out even waiting for me to answer, the thing is I had called the origional pediatritions office the day before to ask a few questions...one of which was if she was accepting new patients and her office certainly seemed to think she was...after that she did my exam and she said I wasn't dialated at all even though the week before she had said I was dialated to 2...can you just close up? I haven't ever heard of it but if you can then that part won't bother me...After the exam she asked me about fetal movement and was unhappy with my answer so she sent me for a fetal stress test when I got there the nurse told me she had been called into delivery so another doc would probably over see my test...I didn't mind that in the least...halfway through the other doc came in and looked at the print out and said that the line was holding to flat and he asked me if I had eaten anthing in the last few hours and then said I should drink some juice to see if we could activate the baby and he would be back to check...so I drank my juice and waited and a half hour later my doc came in and told me that everything looked awesome and I could go home...trouble is the second half of the print out looked exactly like the first half...I had been watching it after the other doc had told me what he wanted to see and it hadn't changed...I said this to my doc and she said...it has looked fine the whole time I am not sure why he would say that...I just feel like this woman was less than honest with me yesterday and if she had made me feel like this earlier in my pregnancy I would have just gotten a new doc but I am at 36 weeks I don't know what to do...maybe she was just having a seriously off day? I dont know but it made me very uncomfortable and I am having a trust issue now...what do you think ladies?

pregoagain2010

Asked by pregoagain2010 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Go with your feelings.  If you are uncomfortable in any way then I say YES change Dr.s even this late in pregnancy.  If you are this uncomfortable now, how comfortable are you going to be when you deliver?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would report her to whoever you have to report. It was a jerky thing to do. If you want that doctor than who she is to say no if the day before someone told you can have her. Do not step back. It is about your child and his or her health. Go for it, mommy:) Rock on:P
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 12:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I agree with mrshouston. I don't think you can close up after already being dialated, that's strange. I would see a different doctor. Good luck to you!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Get another doctor ASAP! she sounds so shallow and unprofessional.Good luck hun with the rest of your pregnancy and new baby don't let the woman get to you!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• get another doctor. they suppose 2 treat u great er time u visit them. u dont have time 2 b second guessing ur doctor. replace her
    1sttimemom853

Answer by 1sttimemom853 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• thank you...I called today and moved my last 4 appointments to a new doctor you all are right if I am uncomfortable with her at all I will probably be very uncomfortable when it comes time to deliver...I just hope I get to meet the new doctor a few times before I go into labor...thanx for your advice
    pregoagain2010

Comment by pregoagain2010 (original poster) at 10:30 AM on Jan. 17, 2011