Water breaking...

At what CM mark does ur water break? what's the earliest?
what are some simple ways to possibly get your water to break?
I'm at 4 cm now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was only diliated 1/2in i
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 11:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My water broke and I wasn't even dialated yet. I wasn't even dialated two hours after my water broke! They had to help me out. Umm....I did drink castro oil (sp?) about four days before mine broke. I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I think my dd just got tired of my complaining all day long while she was in my belly!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• its diff for everyone mine broke after i was a 10 lol right befor ethe baby came
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I wish I could help you out with this one, but my water never broke! :-P The doc had to do it after I was already admitted to the hospital. I'm hoping things get going quicker with this pregnancy.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Mines broke at 10 cm while I was on the birthing table, 7 minutes before I started to push.
    Chanelz

Answer by Chanelz at 12:13 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Anywhere from not dialated at all to all the way.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:14 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• You can have your water break when you are not dilated at all, or the bag can still be intact when you give birth! The Irish actually consider that to be extremely lucky :)
    I would not reccommend breaking your own water b/c it is dangerous. DO NOT STICK SOMETHING UP THERE TO BREAK IT!!! You could miss and hit the baby or your placenta. Honestly, I would not reccommend breaking your water at all. Once that protective barrier is broken between your womb and the outside world, it puts your baby at risk for infection.
    (cont. below)
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 12:30 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• (cont. from above)
    The medical standard right now is to have the mother in active labor within 24 hours of the water breaking. SO, if you break your water, and you don't go into labor, guess what? You get to be induced with pitocin. That's what happened to me! And pitocin contractions are much more intense than regular contractions. OR if your baby starts showing signs of infection and/or distress you get a c-section.
    Just be patient, it will happen. You won't be the first mama pregnant with a teenager LOL.
    emslala

• Keep in mind the only way they try to force you to deliver within 24 hours is if they are checking dialation after the water breaks. If you are not checked you are not on their timetable.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:41 AM on Nov. 13, 2008