IS IT TIME TO GET MARRIED? adult content

My boyfriend and i have been together for 9 years we are not married and our relationship has been CRAZY! I struggled with infedelity and was doing things i should not have been for a long time. I got the help i needed and have been doing GREAT AND SO HAS OUR RELATIONSHIP:) I do want to marry him, but its only been 7 months since thngs have been GREAT. Is it too early to get engaged?

simonsmama2022

Asked by simonsmama2022 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Absolutely. Do NOT get married.
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 12:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• After nine years? And if you feel it? And... It is your relation, your life, your happiness. Noone can tell you if it is too long or too early. If you feel you want to than do it:P Be happy:)
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 12:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• That's something only the 2 of you can decide. IF he feels he can trust you again & he's ready for that step, then good luck to you both.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Babe only you two can answer that question.  If you feel like you are ready to be married then congrats!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Will it make a difference?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• That is up to you I would wait until its over a year and get engaged to know if everything is going to work in the best way possible for you guys! Best of luck hun!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• if your asking this question, then you know it is not the right time. i knew i wanted to marry my now hubby within four days of being with him and i made sure i kept him from that moment on =D
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Wow! So i do realize it is up to me, well us. And i feel that i would marry him in a heartbeat! He has been talking about it and said that if we had the money to have a wedding that we would get married. I understand that he feels that way because he knows the kind of wedding i always wanted but at this point i dont care what its like! Certain people in his family would be upset if he was to marry me so part of me says to wait until they approve of me again. I did some really bad things. I struggled with drug addiction for a long time but I am SOOOOO GOOD now! thank god! we are finally happy and im so in love. JD BROWN i think im in the same thought process as you., maybe get engaged for a year and then see where we are at?
    simonsmama2022

Comment by simonsmama2022 (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• You don't need loads of money to get married. People forget what the day is about..it's about love. My wedding was not that much, maybe 2000. We are still happy married and best friends. Most importantly we aren't in debt over the wedding like many couples do. My cousin had very very expensive weddings.... Before they were paid off they both ended in divorce. She remarried the third time in her house, no body knew. She is so happy and in love for the rift reasons.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2011