how do u feel when u pass a person walking on the side of the road

do u want to pull over and give them a lift ? i do but am scared too so i dont.

mistik75

Asked by mistik75 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm with you on that one. I think the only time I would stop is if it was an elderly person. There are just too many psychos out there- it's not worth the risk.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• sometimes. once i saw a family, a mom and [older] kids walking on a busy road. i had seen a broke down truck, so i stopped and asked if they needed a ride. turns out it wasn't their truck, and they went on walks on that road alot. it was a main road. crazy for choosing that road if you ask me, but hey, their choice.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• The ONLY time I would pull over and offer a ride is if I KNEW the person. Don't care otherwise, if they are elderly or not. THere are elderly that are psycho too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Mostly its the ones with babies and small children who are walking in this cold horrible weather :(:( I want to offer a ride to but seeing so many lifetime movies and unsolved mysteries makes me steer away. You never know about people.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It all depends if its like a senior maybe or a woman with little kids, why ? because when I did not had a car I was helped by other moms even a little old lady stopped to help me, for that I ll be always grateful that for some reason when I really need it there is a stranger that sometimes is more willing to help me that the "relatives" I have here.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I do want to give them a lift. There is a woman who waits for the bus EVERY morning with her new born baby in her sling. I always want to stop & offer her a ride, but i don't have a car seat. I think about it daily.

Should i still offer her a ride even though i don't own any car seats anymore? My dd thinks i should, but i think it might be illegal to have a baby so small riding without a car seat. DD says "but she's going on the bus without one".
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I feel sorry for them but don't often help because there are a lot of weirdos out there.

Answer by older at 1:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• If I know that person really well, yeah, i would pick them up. Some complete stranger?...No, thank you. and If you've seen horror films, you also know what happens to people who stop for someone walking along the road.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• no i dont feel that
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i dont pick them up but i give them money so they can get to where they wanna go
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2011