• In the Spotlight:

Motivation?

I'm looking for some motivation. A few months ago I was down to 130lbs, slowly reaching my goal weight. Then all of a sudden, I'm 100% positive not exersizing and fried foods had to do with this. I gained back all the weight I had lost and now back up to 155lbs. For some reason though I can't find the motivation. Maybe since I worked so hard to have it all come back this quick. We own a tredmil that is currently covered with crap, so I have no excuses to not exersize. If you lost all motivation how did you get it back? And what type of diet plan did you do that was easy to stick with?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• My motivation is how good I feel when I am light and when I exercise, I go by calories in calories out, I eat anything I want in small portions then burn those calories out! It has to become a life time commitment not just to loose weight.

Answer by older at 1:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Good luck! I have trouble keepn motivated
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I went to my fridge and put a pic of me when I was 20 in a bikini that has been keeping me from eating anything greasy or sweet. Im so angry at myself for letting myself go that I just bought a punching bag and also think about my sob ex and punch away.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Maybe find a friend that wants to lose weight as well and pick a time that's convenient for both of you to walk together. Clean off that treadmill. Everytime you want to watch your fav show, then instead of sitting and watching I'd walk that treadmill through the whole show and a decent speed. Don't overdo it, but I like a good 30 min. Instead of getting canned food, start buying fresh fruits and veggies. I hope that helps a little. The first few days are rough and next thing you know it just becomes a routine.
    BlueAngel626

Answer by BlueAngel626 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Have you ever visited sparkpeople.com? There are some great motivational articles on there.

I have been losing weight by eating clean.  I wrote out a journal with the basic principles, because I've told so many people about it.

We all lose steam along the way.  It's very normal.  I just got through one of those times, and I'm proud that I pushed through.  I did it by thinking about the big picture, and considering whether bad choices were worth losing all of the hard work I had put in and the successes I've had thus far.  I have a strong family history of heart disease, diabetes, cancer, etc, and I want to beat those.  I want to show my son that eating healthy and being active are normal.  I have a lot of this.  You can PM me if you'd like some help along the way.  =)  Good luck!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• you have to want it, otherwise it won't happen. Make goals and set times for attaining those goals.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Keep the motivational thought of wanting to be healthy and be there for your kids as long as humanly possible in your head! I'm a type 2 diabetic from crappy eating habits growing up and I want to see my kids grow up, graduate high school, college, get married and give me beautiful grandkids to spoil....so for them and myself I will take care of myself!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I am still looking for some motivation myself. Good luck to you.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 7:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Thinking about my long term health is a good motivator for me.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:27 AM on Jan. 16, 2011

• My motivation is wanting to fit into my pants.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2011