Protected or not, aren't you still responsible for having sex?

I'm all for sex. But it's a huge thing. Lots of risks and responsibilities come with having sex. Pregnancy and STDS can happen whether or not you protect yourself. It lowers your chances to get these, but the risk is still there. I'm not saying don't have sex at all, I'm just saying if something happens, how willing are we to accept responsibility?
Love to hear all takes of this. These are just a few fleeting thoughts. :)

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes. Sex comes with responsibility. We know that that birth control and other forms of protection are not a guarantee, so anytime we have sex we are taking a risk and have to be willing to accept the consequences. People think they can blame the contraception or the other person for pregnancy and STD's. But if you are willingly doing the deed, you need to know that these are possibilities.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 1:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• You shouldn't be having sex in the first place with anyone you are not comfortable raising a child or discussing your sexual history with. (which should then include having an idea about STD's and being tested if you know either of you were ever sexually active before). Then again, you shouldn't be having sex at all if you aren't comfortable insisting on a condom, but there are far too many people that doesn't stop,either.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I think at the age that we generally start having sex (16-18), most people know logically that the consequences are there, but they are in the mindset that they're invincible, and they don't think that these things can happen to them. Some people are more prepared to handle the consequences than others.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Education is the best preventative measure we have.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I agree completely. I actually had two pregnancies while I was on birth control - my 2nd and 5th, but I was married and knew it was a possibility. I was prepared for the consequences of what I was doing - and I LOVE them!

Answer by missanc at 1:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I'm responsible for all my actions.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• You certainly are responsible.

Answer by older at 1:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• That is what gets me. I am all for staying out of others sex lives, but when I hear a girl say she got pregnant before she was ready because he does not like condoms what the heck? Really? How are you going to react when your 4 year old tells you they don't like milk, water or anything but soda? Your going to buck up and tell them tough. So don't blame the guy for telling you he does not like him. Buck up and tell him he learns to like them or he learns to love himself a heck of a lot more.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I agree with you. me and all three of my sisters are walking proof that BC isnt very effective. My daughter is walking proof as well. Whether or not you have some sort of protection, there is risk. If you arent willing to accept that then dont have sex. JMO
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 5:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I think you are to take responsibility for your actions whatever the situation
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2011