Possible AIDS cure?

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/world/-/1068/490128/-/s0bo1s/-/

If its not an isolated incident, fantastic!
Crossing my fingers for cancer cure in 09.

Could lead to people with a genetic immunity being paid for bone marrow. (not in the article.. just a thought i had)

redderbedder

Asked by redderbedder at 11:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i thought injecting Magic Johnson's shredded millions of dollars into your blood stream was the cure?

(LOL im jk its from south park.) i agree i hope they find a cure as well! :)
    Anonymous

• It's out there guys. They know how to do it. They also know how to cure cancer. But like I've said before, it's too much of a money maker. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• I saw this earlier. that's great
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 11:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Aids is such a horrible thing... i really hope they can find a cure... how did aids every come about anyway?

yea a cure for cancer would be the best ever!!! but there are so many types... it would probably be hard to make one that worked for all
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• yea i also heard that the cure was out there but it cost to much money... is that true?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

• no this is different. read the article.

the treatment for aids right now is a medication you need to start early enough to stop HIV from turning into full blown AIDS. its something you need to take lifelong, and is too expensive for the countries that are experiencing the epidemic.

this is a bone marrow transplant from someone who has a natural immunity to it into someone who has AIDS. apparently the immunity will kill the current AIDS and prevent it from coming back (so far). could be a fluke, but could be MAJOR.

definitely shows promise.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 12:39 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• It would be amazing if they could actually make head-way with this and save lives.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 12:55 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I agree with anon. Unfortunately, I doubt we will see any fantastic medical miricles in the US. There is WAY too much money in treatment, as well as money going into studies of new treatments. The FDA doesn't want cures, as they won't make as much $$$$$$$$$$$$.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• anon 9:37, you are very wrong about this. This isnt an american issue, and there is DEFINITELY money to be made. We are talking about bone marrow research, development, and procedures. This isnt cheap stuff.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 10:42 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Because I am a 20 year survivor of this pandemic disease.I have heard many times about a cure,but to me its like telling a kid "You'll have candy later,but later never comes."SO I wll believe it when I see it.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2009