Potty training and preschool

I'm trying to potty train my daughter and I was wondering how well it went for your kids while they went to preschool. My daughter only goes twice a week for 2 hours a day. Should I just send her in her underwear or pull ups and have the teacher keep asking my daughter if she needs to go potty? My daughter is speech delayed so she doesn't really talk, so she's in a speical preschool for kids like her. I'm hoping ot get her train this time around since the dozen other times I've tried were no gos.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son was also speech delayed and in a special preschool. His teachers were great in working with me on potty training. I sent him in underwear with a couple of changes of clothes (at their request). They put him on at the time intervals I suggested (roughly 45 minutes, they even had a timer to use). This was clearly not the first child they'd helped train. So, definitely talk to them about it and see what will work best for everyeone.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Talk to the teachers and let them know what you are doing at home. they will be able to tell you what is the best route to go for them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Talk it over with the teacher and see how they have handled it with others.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Have your daughter go to the bathroom right before going to preschool. Put her in pull ups. Explain to the teacher you are potty training but don't expect the teacher to remember to take your daughter to the bathroom every 15 min. like you would at home. I'm sure the kids have a potty break sometime during the 2 hours they are at school. That should be good. Just work extra hard with her when she is at home.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 4:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2011