• In the Spotlight:

Do you eat more when winter comes around?

As soon as it starts getting cold out I find myself reaching for the comfort foods that I don't touch in the summer. I'm always hungry and it drives me insane.

lilbit837

Asked by lilbit837 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yup, one cold snap and the falling leaves is all it takes and my whole family wants "comfort" food!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:19 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I seem to eat less in winter and I dont know why. Its good though because when Thanksgiving and Christmas come around I dont over do it like most.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• no .. im even pregnant and i pretty much eat the same lol which probably isnt good cause i dotn eat that much
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I eat more in the winter because of the holidays and potlucks oh and gifts of candy and baked goods. When it is summertime I go hang out where there is air-conditioning. The mall is one place where I can go where it is cool and the restaurant court has so much fattening good stuff.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Yep and I always loose weight during the winter and gain during the summer. I have a tendancy (during warmer months) to not eat enough maybe once a day, during the winter snack all day. It revs my matibalism b/c when I dont eat it thinks it's starving and gains or keeps what it has.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 12:33 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I eat differently in the winter, as in I eat more soup and warm foods, but that isn't a bad thing. I do think we should change our diets for the seasons... it's kind of a natural thing KWIM?
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:32 AM on Nov. 13, 2008