Ok, so I've been off-line a number of days and wondered has anyone heard any news about preparations for President Elect Obama's Grandmother's funeral?

Just wondering... I would think he would have return to Hawaii by now, did I miss something?

Bellafleurs

Asked by Bellafleurs at 11:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

Level 1 (-8 Credits)
  • i don't know when it will be but i have heard that funerals in hawaii are often delayed for several days or more so that people can travel to the islands.
    when my uncle passed away his funeral was nearly 2 weeks later so that relatives who wanted to attend could have enough time to get there.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Oh, thanks I hadn't heard anything and found it surprising he didn't tend to this promptly. I was unaware of how things are done there. Thank you for your reply~
    Bellafleurs

Answer by Bellafleurs at 11:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I heard the church from KS was going to do their protesting thing at it..... while I don't support Obama, I think that is totally uncalled for!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Maybe they are trying to keep it a secret to keep that crazy sect from showing up. I haven't heard anything either.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 6:34 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• It's tomorrow... http://www.starbulletin.com/news/hawaiinews/20081113_Dunham_service_set_for_tomorrow.html

Check this out... "Dunham (his grandmother) was among the first female vice presidents for the bank."

I thought he lived in poverty and understood what it was like to have to wonder where a meal would come from? If your grandmother (who you credit to raising you) is a VP of a bank, how does he understand?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• He never lived in poverty. His parents met as students at Harvard............ think about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• So, then why do people say he better understood America's struggles? His grandparents were upper middle class.  His mother was able to afford to move to Kenya; "telling voters he understood what it was like to grow up, for a time, with a single mother who relied on food stamps."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/10/us/politics/10obama.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

There are SO MANY holes, I don't think anyone knows the REAL Barack Obama

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• His parents did meet in Hawaii when they both were students there, not in Harvard.
    His grandmother was VP of the bank ,so what ,that doesn't make her rich .Life in Hawaii is much more expensive then in mainland.
    Can we just leave the Family alone and in peace.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Life in Hawaii is much more expensive then in mainland.

Wow, I didn't know VP's of banks qualified for foodstamps in Hawaii? Or women who can afford to travel across the globe qualified... And no, there quite a few holes in his story. No one made these quotes up. They are his words. Funny how the liberal media had no problem probing into Sarah Palin's daughter, but the holes in Obama story is off limits?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• His grandmother didn't use foodstamps his mother did. AND YES LIFE IN HAWAII IS MORE EXPENSIVE like life in Alaska is much more expensive..I don't think that years ago when she was the pank VP they were making that much money
    What are the holes in Obamas story???????????????? I just would like to know.
    Anonymous