What does your spouse do to make you feel more "significant? How about what you do for them?

just for fun.. question asked after i finished chapter in a book i been reading

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 1:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• He doesn't do squat. So I don't do squat. It sucks actually.
    Anonymous

• im sorry :/
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• He married me & i married him. We respect each other & show it daily in small simple ways.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• He rubs my feet, helps with the kitchen, tells me how beautiful I am even when I'm sick and look horrible, and thanks me for everything I do for him and how he couldn't do it without me, etc. I look at it that we're a team and we work so well together. I love him. For him, I make homemade meals for work for him everyday, lay out his work clothes, pay all the bills early after he gives me the money, keep everything clean, do all the laundry, grocery shopping, and take care of our toddler. He works 5-6 days a week 10-13 hours a day.
    BlueAngel626

Answer by BlueAngel626 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We do things for each other each & every day.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 1:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We do things for each other all the time. Little things like: back rubs, having a bath ran after a long day of work, ..etc.. to big things like: nice evenings out and weekends away...... We both learned years ago how very important it is for us to show each other, every day, how much we appreciate and love one another, and truly want to be with one another.. The other thing we learned is this.. It's not really **what** we do that is so important, it is the **intentions** behind what we do that is so very important. Knowing what each other views/sees/interprets as showing love and affection plays a HUGE part in being able to do things and the intention behind those actions being known and fully understood.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• He takes the initiative to clean the kitchen, give the kids a bath to give me a break, run me baths, rubs my back when I need it and I do the same for him...we respect & love one another and are aware of our feelings & want to help each other in any way we can.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Not a damned thing actually..... so he does not get very much in return!
    Anonymous

• I have the most amazing b/f we go on a road trips and talk the whole way no radio, or sit in bed and just talk . takes my daughter and I to get our nails done and sits right there with us...gets up when I get up in the middle of the night to see if I am ok or just to have us time..we clean , cook, yard work ,you name it we do together
    galfromwva

Answer by galfromwva at 6:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• If you had asked this a while back I would have said nothing. Then I realized, now, that he does little things. He will get me my favorite drink when he pays for gas. Or bring home a candy bar that I like. Just little things that seem insignificant, but aren't. I also do things for him, some big some small. But they matter.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2011