When going to a fast food place

Do you purchase the "kids meal" for your kids? We have gotten to where we just buy for them off the $1 menu - it's cheaper and they don't care about the toys anyway.

Asked by missanc at 1:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• i usually get the dollar menu now because it is cheaper and the dollar burger is the same size as the happy meal burger. and we share me and hubbys fries and drink. i do that most times because most times they dont eat all of it so its just a waste of money.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Depends on where we are. At McDonald's they get happy meals because they can get apples and milk and they enjoy getting the little toy. At subway or Arby's they split an adult meal. It's cheaper.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would think it's the portions u should be considering not the price or the toy. How old r ur children? U wouldn't want them being over weight, because they've learnd at at young age to eat more than their stomachs can handle.
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 1:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• My son is allergic to gluten so fast food isn't an option for us...sometimes I just wish we could get it some days though b/c it would be so much quicker and easier.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• the dollar menu....i'll get all of them nuggets or a burger depending on what they want and they split fries, we never eat it, with 10 children it would be chaos so we bring it home, here they get fruit and stuff to go with it not just the greasy stuff
    ihave10kids

Answer by ihave10kids at 1:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• My son and I will usually split a dollar burger and fry once in awhile as a little treat. Everything we eat at home is organic, so I treat him fast food once awhile. If he finishes it all then I'll get him a toy, if we're at McDonalds. He's 3. Cuts me from overeating and he doesn't finish a whole burger anyways. So why not. We eat fast food maybe twice a month.
    BlueAngel626

Answer by BlueAngel626 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I get the kid's meal, for if we do fast food, it's a special treat. That stupid toy is a special treat for DD, for she likes it. :)

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We just do the dollar menu or hamburgers and nuggets off the regular menu, the toys get thrown away or lost too quickly to waste the money, it is bad enough that i am wasting the money on fast food
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2011