I don't know what to think

Was chatting with my husband this morning and he revealed to me that when he was 14 or 15, he and some neighbor boys "fooled around" with each other. He said it was mechanical and he felt dirty about it. He didn't want to tell me what they did. But he never again pursued this with guys and dated only girls after that. He was married and had 2 kids and his ex left him for another man after 25 years. We've been together now for 4 years and have a very good sex life. I just can't get this image out of my head of him having sex with a guy. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Fooling around doesn't equal sex. And if he hated it, then that is pretty good indication that he's straight. Kids experiment. You can't hold his past against him.
    Anonymous

• I think thats it's pretty natural to explore.  I can understand why the image won't get out of your head thought.  I would chalk it up to exploring and being curious. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I mean't "though" not THOUGHT, sorry.
    MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i can understand why you couldnt get it out of your head. i would be the same way. you really cant hold something against him from when he was a child. like everyone else said kids do explore, but i can still see your point.
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Sounds like it was out of curiousity and there may have been some peer pressure involved too.I don't think your husband is gay and that was so many years ago.I would just let it be.
    Anonymous

• I kind of don't understand why he even told you of this but maybe for whatever reason he felt guilty for not telling you and didn't want to have any secrets.
    Anonymous

• It is so normal for guys and girls to explore like this and have these experiences when they are teens. When exploring like this is it way different than having intentional sex with a guy.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• according the the kinsey report done in the 1940's about 37% of males have had at least one homosexual experience. that was in the 40's i wonder what it would be now... its normal and it was so so long ago and he obviously didnt like it because he wont talk about it so i wouldnt worry about him being gay.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Some things must be experienced as we grow up, rather than just remaining a type of curiosity in the back of our mind someplace. I think it's good that he is so honest about something as this. Don't wonder if he was just testing the waters to see what your thoughts were...look at the life you two have and what he does when you each have time separately, and if you find any questionable areas of concern, Ask him about it, otherwise just 'let it go' and be happy he shares this much with you.
    gramama1

Answer by gramama1 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• How do you think kids find out about sex? It's all natural. Everyone is curious at some time. Many don't act on it but kudos to those who do. It's not a bad thing to be curious
    Anonymous