Back pain 3 years after epideral. Normal?

I had my son 3 years ago from last week and he was huge Almost 10lbs and he was exactly 2 feet long. Throughout the last 3 months of my pregnancy he sat on my sciatic nerve or so it felt til I had him. Then I had an epideral. Has anyone else still had problems from that. My doc said when I had him that the back pain would go away after 6 months, but now that he's 3 I'm still having back pain and the docs do nothing about it but tell me to take aleve. Is this normal after having an epideral. My mechanics wife said she's still having problems after 15 years. What should I do? Is this normal?

BlueAngel626

Asked by BlueAngel626 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Health

• I don't think it has anything to do with the epidural but more than strain on the back from having an active toddler and carrying them, running after them, etc. etc. Your muscles could be weakened from pregnancy and birth, so you could do some back strengthening exercises....and well anyone can get a pinched nerve anytime, even just from stress
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• my dd is 4 and ds is 1 and i still have back pain where the epidural was put in it's not fun but it is one of the side effects
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i still hvae this problem and cant a doctor to do shit about it but tell me to go get corisone (SP) shots in my back which with my insutance are 400$ a piece. and he wants one done a week... I dont know how he expects me to do that so i said screw it and havent been back since.
    mommy2bagain560

Answer by mommy2bagain560 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• It's especially been bad the last week and I've tried heating pads, Aleve, stretching, sleeping with a pillow between my knees and nothing is working. And doesn't help with lifting my giant 40lb toddler who's already 2/3 my height.
    BlueAngel626

Comment by BlueAngel626 (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I have the same problem with the epidural after 4 yrs now I had never had problems with my back untiI got the dam epidural, and I used to work lifting stuff in my early 20's so I know how to lift and not get injured, if had known that before the delivery I would have never got it. My first one was born without it so I know how painful it is and ill take that over the pain that I have every day :( the only thing that had helped me is going to the chiropractor.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Just found out I'm pregnant. Now it makes sense.
    BlueAngel626

Comment by BlueAngel626 (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2011