time again colonscopy not really wanting to do another one. Found polp with last one-should I go again or wait till later to do.

I have had 3 colonscopies and really hate the stuff you have to drink. been seeing all the new things like only a shot glass to drink or just xrays. Found a polp last night and just got note to do again after several years. would you scheudule right away or not? I do know they help but husband is off sunday, mon, tues, and girls in school and since put you to sleep hard to work in time for. Last time mom came for n.c. to help. Just asking for advice.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 1:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Health

• I would follow your doctor's advice, especially if they've found a polyp. It's not worth risking your health because the prep sucks (I know, it REALLY sucks). Nothing is as accurate as a full colonoscopy. I would call your doc about the polyp and see what he/she wants you to do. Is your mom available to help again? Good luck! I hope everything comes back clear!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yep I agree... make sure to do what the doc tells you too. Polyps are not something to mess around with, they turn into cancer if left alone. Not worth it! My mom had and beat colon cancer, but my dad didn't go for his routine tests and when they found his it was stage four and spread to his liver. He is dying now because of it. PLEASE go in an do what your doc advises.

Also, when I had my colonoscopy I was given pills instead of a liquid, so you should ask about that. They are called OsmoPrep.

Good luck, hope it all turns out well.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Wait... did you recently have one? The test I mean? Did they just find the polyp or was it a while ago? If you just had the test and they found a polyp, they should have removed it. Did they?

When I had the test three years ago, I had a polyp and they removed it. They said I had to go back in 3-5 years to check again.

If you are confused, call the doctors office and get clarification, that is their job. Sometimes, doctors and nurses forget that people that don't deal with it everyday, don't understand all of the information they are saying. Call back and find out what is going on.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I had the polp removed when found duing last scope and that was a couple of years ago. time for follow up.
    momindiana

Comment by momindiana (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• By all means follow up
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I'd get it done right away, just to get it over with. Best of luck, hon! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Go right away this is your life. I have to go early at 40 to have one do to my family history. Go don't wait.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• bump
    sarasmommy777

• i would get it check again its better to be safe not be safe
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• If they have you use the drink stuff use a straw and drink fast.Then follow each with a chaser of ginger ale.that is what I did and it helped alot.I also used the citrus flavoring.Thank heaven I only had to drink a 1/2 gallon.I have had to have 2 resections,one due to Dr mistake and the other due to adhesions that caused a blockage.Not fun,but I'm still here.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 11:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2011