What is the best state for a single parent to make a fresh start in?

Marie_07

Asked by Marie_07 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Travel

• i live in washington its a nice state lol.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• You need to pick an affordable place..The Midwest is generally affordable, minus Chicago and keep in mind the weather. Indiana is a nice state in some of the larger cities. Oregon is a nice state, especially Southern Oregon like Ashland. Washington is pretty but full of problems (show me a state that is problem free) and it's expensive. Seattle is a lot and we make good money. California is in a bit of a mess too...I'd google it. What do you do for a living? Vermont is lovely if you can deal with snow. Parts of Florida are nice if you can deal with heat. Montana is overall a nice state (lived there). Great place for kids if you can get a job. Same with Wyoming...but cold in winter and hot in summer.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

Agreed.  good

myree85

Answer by myree85 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Is it affordable i have two children & i would like to relocate
    Marie_07

Comment by Marie_07 (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Most likely an affordable state. The city I would think would be something that has a good job market, affordable housing (renting or otherwise), and has everything in close proximity. Your best bet is to find a family friendly neighborhood to settle down in, so that you have the ability to make new friends with other parents. You're going to have to do your research thoroughly though. This is a great start, as there are many people from different areas.

Now I live in Central Michigan. There are a lot of family communities where I live, but the job market is bad, and there isn't a lot going on as far as shopping and other activities. Therefore, I wouldn't suggest this area (Around Lansing).
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I live in Indiana and the price of living is rather low here.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• As far as being expensive, it depends on where you move to in Washington. Of course Seattle, although really beautiful, is expensive. But you could try one of the smaller cities. I live about 2hrs from Seattle it's not expensive here.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2011