MASSIVE HAIR LOSS OVER LAST TWO YEARS

I have been having massive hair loss to where there are sections of my hair that I can see my scalp. This is very depressing because I am only 30, and its not hereditary because all my family as lots of hair even my parents and grandparents.

I recently got diagnosed with low Vitamin D, and wanted to ask if anoyone had something similar to where they thing the low vitamin D cause the hair to fall out.
I am just concerened cause its alot of hair that is falling out.

Also I wanted to ask if there are any good vitamins that anyone knows about that I can try. I am seriously desperate because at this rate i will have not hair by the time I am 4o.

thanks for your advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Health

• Try taking Biotin! You can also try using Nioxin shampoo and conditioner ( which does NOT help u grow hair, but prevents it from falling out). The 2 together may help! I'm a hairstylist, and this is what I reccomend to my clients! Also, have you had your thyroid checked lately?
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 2:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would have your thyroid hormones checked out next...hypothryroidism can cause hair loss as well. Keep checking in with your doctor and don't be afraid to address all your concerns. I feel bad for you because as a woman I can imagine how hard it would be to lose your hair.

Good luck to you:)
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 2:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Have you recently had a baby? I know after you do, you lose alot of hair.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• hugsSorry to hear that I have the same issue but its due an hormonal unbalance called PCOS and found a treatment called ookisa it helped and the hair becomes silky but It is expensive so I only used for a month and after I stop my hair started to fall again.

gou18

Answer by gou18 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• THYROID check for sure...I know someone who is experiencing this too.
    Also, Vitamin D as sold at MOST places is NOT really vitamin D, or at least the one you need.
    Check this out: http://www.mercola.com/article/vitamin-d-resources.htm
    There is a LOT of info out there, and if you look at the TYPE and such that is needed, it could help a lot.

Good luck!
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 2:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Hi..did u have one baby after the other? I lost ALOT of hair from my babies (Post Partum hair loss) it sucks bad but its getting better. Also, are you on any meds that maybe causing this? its due to hormones for sure and also have you had your iron level/thyroid checked out? pump up your B vitamins and I never stopped taking my prenatal vitamins thats what I take everyday along with 1000 unit of vitamin D. Also, salmon oil is good. Gl try not to stress as I learned it makes it worse, hair can fall out due to stress.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• have the to check your thyriods out it cause hair loss
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2011