Acne

I am 27 years old and still struggling with breakouts from time to time. Once I get really excited about them going away one by one they come back. It's not too bad but it is really discouraging for me when I am trying to shape up and start taking care of myself. Sometimes because of this I think to myself "why bother".
Any one know of an acne system or products that are on the inexpensive side that actually work??

MamaCortney

Asked by MamaCortney at 2:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• The clean & clear line. Find it at wal-mart. They come with 3 different bottles and they are either black or dark blue. Not 2 expensive. But the proactive REALLY does work! After the intial bottle that are only like $20 I think, and the rest are $50 or so dollars after that. Its worth it I tell u that. I am 36 yrs old and I am taking meds that cause breakouts at times especially near that time of the month. I got proactive for a present, and the next day when I woke up, I could see definate improvment!!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (like Just Tomatoes or Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• DOVE SOAP FOR SENSITIVE SKIN & NO SCENT & I ALSO USE AVON CLEAR SKIN LINE.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I use Clearasil's daily clear daily facial wash every day and every other day I use this exfoliate scrubber that I bought from Walmart for a buck. Afterward because i have SUPER oily skin I use Clearasil's vanishing cream acne treatment (not that 4 hour stuff i think it's a scam). Every other day (on the days that I exfoliate) I rub Neosporin on my face. I know you're thinking what the hell? But trust me it works for your scars and to heal the ones that you've burst and can't stop picking at. Anyway hope I was somewhat helpful. This is the method I use. I also watch what I eat cause believe it or not it affects your acne. Chocolate is my worst enemy and it's in things you didn't even know it was in. Another thing when you buy makeup make sure you read what's inside cause you could be stuffing your pores with oil and not even know!
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 3:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2011