What do you think??

What do you think about the mom that PAYS her kids to behave??
Personally I she is crazy lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Whaaaat?? I'd say any parent who does this doesn't really teach her kids how to behave..but how to "suck up" when momma's around and successfully drain her bank account and max out the credit cards!

There is seriously something wrong with that logic.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 2:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I'm not sure who you're talking about, but it's not something I would ever do.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• We have done a behavior chart for over 2 yrs for my dau. She can earn prizes after 5 weeks (not expensive) but I do not think paying a child for behaving or for grades for that matter is a good teaching tool. Maybe she should call Super Nanny! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Lol i mean hey if she can afford it & it works for her why not? lol
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• @LovingSAHMommy here is the link to the story http://thestir.cafemom.com/toddler/115014/i_pay_my_kids_not?utm_medium=sm&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=fanpage
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would never pay my children off. They EARN any allowence that they're given and NOTHING is free once they're old enough to work for it. They will learn responsibility, hard work, and the value of a dollar before they're out on their own. That's my plan. I really don't believe in giving away money just to keep them quiet or because they ask for it. If they haven't earned it, they don't deserve it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2011