What usually goes on during the 2 days after you deliver?

As far as birth certificates, social security numbers, and ect. And an added question, i'm having really really uncomfortable pelvic bone pain. It's only on like outter part of my pelvis, not the inner where it would make more sense.. any idea's on what's going on?

sbushman13011

Asked by sbushman13011 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• With my babies the nurse came in and took down information for the birth cert. We also filled out paperwork for the social sec numbers.
    The pain youre feeling is likely the baby pushing down. Its normal.

Answer by gemgem at 2:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Is there a good chance i'm starting to somewhat dilate? I just recently got diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. And Monday i have an appointment to discuss induction, im 38weeks tomorrow.
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 2:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• You probably are starting to naturally. For me it started happening with all 5 kids anywhere from 34 weeks to 39 weeks. I would watch for signs they told you about in your last visits and if you feel bad at all (headache, dizziness etc) go to the ER. The pain though for me I was always told is normal and part of the general uncomfortableness we all get at the end.

Answer by gemgem at 2:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• some places you can take care of that before the birth. I had to go downtown and pick up the birthcertificate, and wait for the ss card to come in the mail, and sorry not too sure about the pain, call a 1 800 nurse hotline
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• High blood pressure run's in my family lol. But surprisingly my blood pressure was perfect for the longest time then one day i went in for a regular visit and BAM it was sky rocketing. So, as any other day they checked my urine for protein and nothing. Then on Thursday (my last visit) they tested again and there it was! I was so upset. It's almost nerve racking to me. And not to mention the uncomfortableness, i can't even wash my hair without literally gasping for hair because i can't breathe. It's really abnormal for me being that i don't have asthma or anything of that nature.
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Id go to the ER. My friend had this happen and she was rushed into ER for a Csection. She never had problems before but with her last it was this sort of turn out. Go get checked out to make sure you are ok.

Answer by gemgem at 2:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I asked my doctor last time , and he didn't really give me any reasoning or response as to what was going on. It's really frustrating.. But i guess it's normal.
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I had depression, especially the first couple of days after giving birth. My DS is a great blessing. However, I felt abandoned by my family and everyone because they would leave and all go to my house leaving me all alone and I really felt like I needed someone there with me. I had a pretty traumatic experience w/ having a giant baby and couldn't walk for a couple of days. However, everytime they'd put my baby in my arms, the depression would go away.
    BlueAngel626

Answer by BlueAngel626 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I suffer major depression as it is. But i'm sure, once my son is my arms i won't be depressed afterwards. My cousin has a 5m old and she's getting really depressed, we think it's late post partom
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• With both of my boys a admissions person came in and took their names and my husbands name and my name and they sent off for their ss cards and gave me a form to send to the state capital to get their birth certificates.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 2:54 AM on Jan. 16, 2011