is c section more painful than vaginal?

has anyone ever had both a c section and v bac? if so was the recovery of a c section more painful than when u did vaginal? i have had a c section, with my first pregnancy, so i never experienced what it was like to do vaginal, i want to do vbac with the pregnancy i have now, but just curious on how painful it was or what it felt like?

hello_kitty1

Asked by hello_kitty1 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• One of my good friends had all vaginal births and with her last had to have a Csection. I can only tell you what she told me. "If I had to have a Csection with any of the others I would never have had another baby". I know I had all mine vaginal and I was literally shopping the same day I got released from the hospital with all 5.

Answer by gemgem at 2:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• yeah thats what i like about vaginal
    hello_kitty1

Comment by hello_kitty1 (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• ive never had a vbac, my vaginal baby was born first, then my last two were c-sections. but i can honestly tell you in my experience the vaginal was by far better. especially the recovery!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I had absolutely no pain from my c section. I was up the next day.
    Never have and never will go vaginally. I had a wonderful experience with my c section.. And plan on having another one with my next.
    Good luck.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I am bumping you cause I have had 2 c-sec and was down for 8 weeks with both, no complications after just a lot of pain. I am hoping for a HBA2C this time around!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 3:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Pain is relative and varies from person to person. For me it was no different. i was up much sooner from the c-section though.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Depends on the kind of vaginal birth:
    I have learned how to have a blissful-natural (drugfree/low-no pain delivery) which means fewer interventions, better healing. Different than other vaginal experience.
    If you have a medicated vaginal delivery with many interventions it'll likely be a more difficult recovery.
    Fortunately, this is mostly, generally avoidable!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• BTW:
    If you are considering these two methods, know that safety is a priority and vaginal is safer.
    You can learn about how to better cope naturally so you avoid the unnecessary great risks of a elective cesarean.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I've. Had two sections. The pain was bad the day of csection and the day after but I always forced myself to get up and get going. I'm not the type of person that can lay in bed for a week. I feel like my first csection was unnecessary, and was rushed. My dr. Doesnt do vbac. I was unable to breast feed with both children, and would love to at least have a vaginal birth. Csections are so damn scary to me. I feel I have no control
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 4:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I had a vaginal delivery with my first and I was walking around my room 10min after they removed my epidural and was walking to the nursery after my recovery time which was an hour. I was discharged 48 hrs later and was shopping as soon as I got out of the hospital. With my second I had an emergency c-section and every time I moved I was hurting. I didn't get out of bed for 18 hours afterward. and didn't go anywhere for 4 days when I was discharged. When I finally went shopping I walked so slow and was weak. In my opinion c-sections are worse but I never had a vbac so I don't know if it feels any different then a first time vaginal birth. Good luck and best wishes
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 2:52 AM on Jan. 16, 2011