ex smokers: did you experience nausea in the beginning of your quitting?

i am not sure what's going on with me today, all morning i've felt very nauseated and a few times when i burped a little food came up (sorry for the tmi, not vomiting though, just like a nasty wet burp) it just feels like i am super full but also nauseated. since i woke up at 8 this morning ive had 4 cigarettes, it is now going on 3 pm. usually i will have 4 cigarettes within the first hour or two that im awake. i smoke a lot in the morning, and then about once an hour or hour and ahalf for the rest of the day. needless to say i am trying to quit, starting today. is it possible the nausea is a bodily reaction from not having as much nicotine as i normally would have?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Health

• a family member of mine did ...
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 2:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Yes, it's possible. My great-grandmother gave up after 70 years of smoking and she threw up a tar like substance for weeks.. We don't know quite what it was but afterwards she lived for another 13 years and was much healthier.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 2:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• it's because your body is so used to the nicotine in your body so when you stop your body is telling your brain you need it when you actually don't ... it goes along with other addictions as well when your detoxifying your body ..
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 2:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• ugh it sucks :( i feel like pure crap.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• no i didn't, but i know it is a common side effect.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i did...i also bit the hell out of the inside of my lips...so i chewed gum, and it helped...
    now if i smoke it makes me sick...
    cevyn

Answer by cevyn at 3:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• it could be cause from the cig . but i would get it check out if it continues because i went through the same stuff extreme fullness vomiting and could eat with out through it up came to find out i had a stomach disease call gasporisa which is call slow emptying of the stomache and it also was my gallbladder so to be on the safe side please go get it check out before the probelm gets worse
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• actually ladies turns out the dinner i made the other night did not agree with me. i ended up puking my brains out last night and felt soo much better after. thanks for the answers!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 7:03 AM on Jan. 16, 2011