If I went on a first date with someone and he answered his cell phone 3 times,should I blow him off?

I went to lunch with someone last week and his cell phone rang at least 3 times. He answered and talked each time,not that long but even so,I know he owns his business and is vert business bit afterwards when he called me,I told him that I was analyzing whether he was boyfriend material based on his rude phone manners. He apoligized and said that one call was his office because they know when he should be back from lunch and he wasnt there. I told him I may be a bad influence in a joking manner and he laughed. Am I overreacting? He has asked me out again...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• it is rude but you told him and you could give him another chance if you like him.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Id give him a second date and go from there

Answer by gemgem at 2:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• yea id try dinner on the next date& if he keeps answering business phone calls then maybe he works too much to be bf material, not that its a bad thing to work alot,so i guess it just depends if you are okay w/that.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• You made your point clear and let him know that it was rude for him to answer his phone. Give him another chance. If he continues this behavior then let him go. He knows now what you don't like, so if he really wants to see you again then he'll make note not to continue answering his phone.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Now that you have told him how you feel, give him one more time to prove himself. If he doesn't turn his phone off then you know where his priorities are

Answer by admckenzie at 3:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• omg, sorry. I should have read what jazzlikemraz posted before I posted the same thing! I have a bad habit of reading the question and just answering.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• TRY ONE MORE DATE, YOU WILL GET AN EVEN BETTER IDEA IF HE IS WORTH YOUR TIME!
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would go. but I would also be understanding. Also understand that if things progress further then this is what life will be like, If that is something you can deal with then go ahead.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 5:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I'd give him a second date. If he still does this AFTER business hours, I'd move on.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2011