will it hurt my baby ?

I'm 14 weeks pregnant, and so stressed out. My DH lost his job last month, and then they wouldn't give him unemployment. My job stresses me out to the max, and makes me want to pull my hair out. Plus between all of that we have been fighting like crazy. Due to all of the stress. It gets really bad too. Not just a little arguement, but a full blown fight. I mean no hitting just a lot of yelling. It got so bad yesterday I made him pack his stuff and told him we were through. Of course it was just fighting words and were fine now, but I don't know what to do. One little thing can be said or done and we both blow up like a bomb. I have heard that being so stressed will hurt the baby. Will yelling hurt the baby ? I cried lastnight because I feel so bad that we have been fighting like this while I'm pregnant. It's like fighting right in front of him/her. I also heard that yelling a lot and being mad will make you have a fussy baby, is that true ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• everything you feel the baby feels & yes it could hurt the baby stress or other things could cause you to go into labor ...
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 2:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• You should try and keep your stress levels down, however I don't think the fussy baby thing is true at all. Try to explain to your DH that you need some peace sometimes for the sake of your child.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 2:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would walk away and go for a drive to collect my head or go for a walk or take a quiet bath. Honestly believe the baby feels what you feel and you don't need the stress. Talk with your partner to keep the stress down and it's important for you and your child. Talk things out. There's never any reason to raise voices and doesn't solve problems.
    BlueAngel626

Answer by BlueAngel626 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Stress caused me to miscarry so I'd try to keep it calm
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• i dont if thats true or not but all that can cause u to loose ur baby. b careful stress isnt good 4 u rite now
    1sttimemom853

Answer by 1sttimemom853 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2011