Keeping a room clean

I have a fresh 4yr old & 20 month old and I can not keep my 4 yr old room clean. Its a disaster all the time as my destructive 20 month old boy likes to tip everything off the shelves or go in her drawers! books every where! haha kids will be kids I guess but its exhausting! boys can be little terrors! :0)

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• AMEN! I have three boys and it is a struggle to keep their room clean. I finally bought plastic totes for their toys. One for each kind of toy, cars, potato heads, puppets...and it is so much easier to clean. And they can find their toys so they can play with them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• At 20 mos. Your son is NOT too old to be taught to pick things up, to help you clean his mess. The other thing you can do, put a gate up so that he can't get into his sister's room. And sorry, but the "boys will be boys", "kids will be kids" mentality is why so many mothers spend more time than they have to picking up after their children. Teach them to put it up before they get out another. Teach them that at the end of the evening, you do a quick clean up before going to bed.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• yeah
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 3:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I know hard to clean up after kids. I make mine do after dinner and if not clean they know no snack for that night and now the room is clean with out question since want that snack.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• OH I DO TWINSPLUS THEY CLEAN UP THEIR MESS ALOT! THEYARE NOT GOING TO GET AWAY WITH ME DOING IT ALL THE TIME.
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 3:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2011