Dinner Guests

Im having guests over for dinner this week and I don't know what to make. When I went over their house for dinner, they spent a lot of time cooking and the meal was nice. I want to do the same for them. I have been thinking about: baked chicken w/ potatoes, lasagna, shepherds pie, calzones, burritos. What should I make??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2011 in Food & Drink

• You could always do a themed evening, I really enjoy doing that when people come over. For example a Mexican theme and you could make burritos and other such mexican delights! Good luck!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 3:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• depends, do you have alot of seating at a table? you dont want to serve anything if a person has to cut their meat on their laps. I have served kabobs, gyros, burgers are a biggy but we are more casual, You dont have to have just a plain burger, you can get fancy with them and get different sauces to put on them to schnazzy them up. a lasagna sounds nice, with a yummy salad
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• lasagna always goes over well, with salad and loaf of bread. pasta with different kinds of sauces, pick your own. or on that note tacos with lots of toppings, rice and refried beans on the side. or roast a chicken and have sides. good luck.
    laur1963

Answer by laur1963 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Suf and turf is what I typically make for dinner guests. and a nice salad with bread.
    it doesnt have to be filet mignon n lobster, we have done shrimp and chicken, flounder and pork, steak and stuffed crab...
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 3:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Oh and I have also done (for large groups) soup salad sandwiche night.
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 3:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• Make what ever YOU make best. It doesnt have to be fancy if it is GOOD.

Another thing - presentation, presentation, presentation...................... set a pretty table, using the dinning room table if you have one, have appropriate music on, candles, etc.  Presentation can make even macaroni and cheese nicer (but I would NEVER suggest serve that to guest.. LOL).  Have a nice bottle of red and a nice bottle of white wine on hand. 

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:19 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would do the lasage with french bread, tossed salad. Cause lasgana would also be an easy meal to cook just prep and through in the oven.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I would pick the lasagna or shepards pie- that way you can put it in the oven and spend time with you guests.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 3:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2011